“It is not so much God who reveals to us the Ten Commandments, but the Ten Commandments that reveal God to us.”
We kicked off our study of the Ten Commandments tonight at Grace Chapel! For the next several weeks we will be reading through the book “The Truth About God: The Ten Commandments in Christian Life” by Stanley Hauerwas and William Willimon. This book will challenge us to understand God in a new and powerful way — as a God who loves us enough to not only tell us His name, but who wants us to know how to properly worship Him in speech, rest, parenting, relationship, marriage, speech, and many other ways.
We hope you will study along with us online!
**For women of Grace Chapel – there will be no meeting on May 25 due to the Memorial Day holiday.**
For Week 2, please read the Introduction and Chapter 1 on the First Commandment. Following are discussion questions to prepare you for our next meeting:
- Through this commandment, what is God saying He wants from us?
- Why is God a jealous God?
- What are the benefits of following this commandment?
- What is the purpose of following this commandment?
- What are the costs of following this commandment?
- Why is God so passionate about our obedience?
- What are modern idols that people worship?